Friday, March 26, 2010

GH5 and Band Hero Wii

I worked on Guitar Hero 5 and Band Hero for the Wii as a venue artist. My responsibilities included down-rezzing and optimizing 360 assets, repainting texture maps to look better on the Wii hardware, and also worked on the light shows for the venues, controlling the types of light cones, color, intensity, as well as character/venue lighting. Special effects (visualizer screens and such) Were also a part of the my tasks. Lastly, I was responsible for working with Art Direction and within hardware limitations to make aesthetic choices that better suit the Wii. (In Mall; Bringing the back wall in way closer then in the 360 version, for example.); From both games, here are a few shots of the venues I had ownership over.

Cairo - GH5


Subway - GH5


Nashville - GH5


The Mall - BH




I apologize for the poor image quality. Image capturing was a bit of a hassle.

No comments:

Post a Comment